Thursday 19 July 2007

Stuffed chicken leg

Wanting to make sure that I had not lost the knack of deboning chicken legs, tonight I made mushroom-stuffed chicken legs, served with a light redwine sauce and mushroom wildrice.

Mushroom stuffing
2 slices of stale bread
2 eggs
salt
pepper
2 large mushrooms
herbs to taste

Finely chop the mushrooms and put in a bowl. Break/crumble the bread into the bowl. Season and then add the eggs and combine. Stuff into the cavity of the chicken leg, then place them into a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated moderate oven. If there is left overs, you can put it in a twist of foil and pop it in the pan with the legs to cook.


Now I get to find out whether anyone is reading my blog! I can do step by step instructions on how to debone a chicken leg; let me know if you want me to!

2 comments:

evildrakey said...

All right... I'll bite... How do you get the bone out safely...

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious! Yes, I want to know...