Monday 2 July 2007

Brown sugar baked pineapple with home made vanilla icecream

Brown sugar baked pineapple

1 pineapple
125g brown sugar
100g butter
30mls water

Preheat oven to 190 degrees C

Peel the pineapple and slice into 1cm slices and remove the core. Heat 1/2 the butter in a frypan until foaming. Add the pineapple slices and fry, adding more butter when needed, until the pineapple is lightly coloured. Remove the pineapple from the pan and put in a roasting dish.

In the meantime, put the brown sugar in a saucepan and cook for 4 minutes.

Turn down the temperature on the frypan, but before the pan has cooled, add the water and brownsugar mix - be careful as the syrup will bubble. Simmer briefly, and pour over the pineapple.

Put in the oven for around 20 minutes basting occasionally until a rich golden brown. Serve while warm with vanilla icecream.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your ice cream was ever so delicious! That dessert looks gorgeous...

Cynthia said...

Hi Kiriel!

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I hope to see you around again.

I am definitely going to try this brown-sugar baked pineapple. I can imgaine how good it is by itself and you have added icecream - oh yeah! :)

Oh, those bowls that you just bought. I would love to find some of them. I love buying cool-looking crockery. Actually, which foodie does not? (lol)

I'm adding your blog to my feeds.

Aunidayini Hisyamuddin said...

Hi Kiriel,
Thanks for your comments my health blog. Yeah, I do have problem in keeping my daughter's asthmatic problem in check. Anyway, since you are into food, I think you might be interested in visiting my life blog, I have a number of recipes there..
http://salwana9969.blogspot.com
see you there..
BTW, the pineapple looked yummy!