Monday, 2 July 2007

Brown sugar baked pineapple with home made vanilla icecream

Brown sugar baked pineapple

1 pineapple
125g brown sugar
100g butter
30mls water

Preheat oven to 190 degrees C

Peel the pineapple and slice into 1cm slices and remove the core. Heat 1/2 the butter in a frypan until foaming. Add the pineapple slices and fry, adding more butter when needed, until the pineapple is lightly coloured. Remove the pineapple from the pan and put in a roasting dish.

In the meantime, put the brown sugar in a saucepan and cook for 4 minutes.

Turn down the temperature on the frypan, but before the pan has cooled, add the water and brownsugar mix - be careful as the syrup will bubble. Simmer briefly, and pour over the pineapple.

Put in the oven for around 20 minutes basting occasionally until a rich golden brown. Serve while warm with vanilla icecream.


Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your ice cream was ever so delicious! That dessert looks gorgeous...

Cynthia said...

Hi Kiriel!

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I hope to see you around again.

I am definitely going to try this brown-sugar baked pineapple. I can imgaine how good it is by itself and you have added icecream - oh yeah! :)

Oh, those bowls that you just bought. I would love to find some of them. I love buying cool-looking crockery. Actually, which foodie does not? (lol)

I'm adding your blog to my feeds.

Hjh Salwana @ Aunidayini said...

Hi Kiriel,
Thanks for your comments my health blog. Yeah, I do have problem in keeping my daughter's asthmatic problem in check. Anyway, since you are into food, I think you might be interested in visiting my life blog, I have a number of recipes there..
see you there..
BTW, the pineapple looked yummy!