Wednesday 7 May 2008

Been off adventuring!


I know its been a while since I last posted... I do have an excuse or two!

I have been off travelling... this time to Prague in the Czech republic.

There will be lots of lovely food photos to follow, once I write up the reviews of the two most interesting restaurants I visited while there. The first was "La Degustation" and the second the only Michelin starred restaurant in Prague, "Allegro".

I did enjoy more simple meals while in Prague though, from simple chicken and dark bread, to goulash and dumplings.

I also fell in love with Czech wafers, specifically cinnamon wafers, and if anyone can tell me where I can find them in Switzerland I would be forever grateful!

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, that must have been a great trip!

Cheers,

Rosa

John Sawyer said...

You too huh. I just went to one of the only two Michelin starred restaurants in Dijon. Yummo but I suspect yours was better. :-)

Cynthia said...

I have a cousin that lives in Prague, maybe it's time to visit? :)

o said...

mmm many foreigners don't like dumplings and sometimes eat them with hands like a sandwich...i cannot say there are my favourites but whenevr I am longer than two months out of CZ, I start to miss the chicken escalope/schnitzel:))

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me advice on my milk chocolate filled eggshell. I will look into lecithin!

Just Cook It said...

Awesome city and some really great food to be had too. Not to mention the beer...