Thursday 7 May 2009

Yoghurt Cake

This recipe is from a non-food blog: french word of the day. I subscribed to Kristin Espinasse's list a few years ago when I moved to Geneva. Back in 2007 she posted up a recipe for a yoghurt cake which sounded really fun to make, but somehow I never got around to making it. Not sure why, guess because whenever I had yoghurt in the house, I ate it instead of baking with it! After I had an operation two years ago, I have become oddly sensitive to yoghurt, to the point where I really can't eat it any more. Some friends of mine were emptying their fridge before they departed for a long trip and gave me some yoghurt. Rather than throw it out I thought to myself "ahah! I can finally make that recipe!". Here's hoping that I can eat cooked yoghurt. The funky thing about this recipe is its beautiful simplicity.

Ingredients: 
one small container of plain yoghurt (reserve the container for measuring the remaining ingredients)
flour
sugar
vegetable oil
two eggs 
2 teaspoons baking powder 

Instructions 
Fill/empty the yoghurt container... ...3 times with flour ...2 times with sugar ...1 time with vegetable oil.

First combine yoghurt, beaten eggs & sugar. Next, add flour and baking soda, stir. Add a pinch of salt... Pour in oil and mix well. 

Pour into a greased cake pan and bake for 45 minutes at 150°C (300°F). How easy is that?

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

What does it taste like?

gluten free pammy said...

just thought I would stop by and say hi, your blog looks yummy

Justine said...

sounds simple and delicious!

chow and chatter said...

wow sounds so simple and good

Taste of Beirut said...

I had made yoghurt cake and added some orange rind. Everybody loved it! I hope you were able to tolerate it!