Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Laduree - a very elegant gift!

I have a friend visiting for a few days. He is being the perfect houseguest: cleaning up after himself, preparing food for dinner, and this morning even staggering out of bed at an ungodly hour to make me breakfast because he knew that I had to start the day super early.

Today when I got home from work, he had all the ingredients for dinner prepared and ready to cook, and a small but exquisite gift for me.

I don't know if you are familiar with Laduree - it is very famous company based in Paris that makes macaroons. In Geneva we are fortunate enough to have a Laduree shop, and my friend had bought me the elegant and colourful gift of a box of macaroons.

Opening the box was a ritual, slowly appreciating the beauty of the packaging, the elegant ribbons and then revealing the gem bright colours of the macaroons tucked within.

These lovely sweets inspired my friend and I to have a frenzy of photography, arranging and rearranging them. 100 photographs later, we were now faced with the challenge of trying to decide which photos to share with you!


Cynthia said...

Your friend is a treasure and counted among the best, not just as a friend but also a house guest. I love all the pics.

Madam Chow said...

I love the pcs - believe it or not, I have never had a macaron!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A thoughtful gift! Wonderful!